Thursday 10 July 2014

Precious Moments (June edition)








It's been about two months since we've moved, and we are still in the process of settling in. We're hoping to be completely settled by the end of summer; however we still have adventures in the meantime. You may have noticed I've been posting less often, which is partially due to the fact that we are constantly rushing around in attempt to be "settled". Meaning, looking for a suitable full-time job, catching up on bills, etc, whilst trying to keep our moods light and find ways to enjoy ourselves in this beautiful city. 
It's been a bit difficult to "stop and smell the flowers" or so to speak, but I try hard every day to make it a priority. If I'm not enjoying myself, then what am I doing here? I think this is something many of us struggle with. We become so consumed in achieving the lifestyle we want, we forget to take a step back, see what we've achieved so far and celebrate it! I am often stressed, always looking to the future, but Gavin helps ground me, we take at least one day a week to go/experience something new, or sometimes something comforting and familiar (like seeing a movie). These posts have been helpful too. When I feel too overwhelmed, I gather some of my favorite photos from the past month or so, and I am reminded by the great times I had in these photos. It helps me breath and realize I am where I'm supposed to be, and I'm going where I need to...I just need to be patient.
Anywho, that's enough of a personal rant, I hope you are all enjoying yourselves and taking the time to enjoy the little (and BIG) things ^.^



3 comments:

  1. These photos are really cute. And you're totally right, it is always good to take a step back instead of constantly rushing forwards to where you think your goal is cos you could already be there.

    Cats in Crop Tops

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos! We all need some time to smell the flowers every now and then.

    ReplyDelete